Salams. Could you please give us some instructions regarding the Sunnats of Friday?
Sunnats of Jumuah
1. Jummah preparations should begin on Thursday such as clipping the nails, removing of the hair etc
2. To have a bath
3. To use Miswaak
4. To use Attar (Perfume)
5. To wear nice clothes
6. To proceed early as possible to the Masjid for Jumuah
7. To walk to the Masjid if possible for every step is a reward of a years Nafl Fast and a year of tahajjud.
8, When arriving at masjid, if there is time for salatudh- dhuha (chasht 8 rakats) one should pray them.
9, Read Surah kahf (Surah 17) also Surah yaseen also keep busy in dhikrullah. Recite Durood shareef as much as possible.
10. One should listen very attentively to the khutba even if one does not understand. One should not speak or even instruct another person to keep quite while the khutba is in progress.
11. To try to sit as close as possible to the Imaam.
12. If the Saffs (rows) are already filled, one should not jump over the shoulders of the musallies in order to get to the front.
13. One should not fiddle with clothes or fingers but listen attentively.
14. When Rasulallah (Pbuh) name is mentioned in the khutba then it is permissible to recite durood in the heart only without the movement of the lips or tongue.
15. Between the two khutba’s one should make dua. It is permissible to make dua without raising hands or moving the lips (I.e. dua should be made in the heart only without the movement of the lips or the tongue)
16 . Making abundant dua on Jummah
Rasulallah (Pbuh) said: “There is such an hour on Friday that if any Muslim makes dua in it, his dua will definitely be accepted.” (Bukhari, Muslim)
17 . Reciting Durood 80 times after Asr:
Holy Prophet (Pbuh) said: “Whoever recites the following Durood eighty times immediately after Asr Salaat on Friday, before standing up from his place, Allah will forgive eighty years of sins and grant him the reward equivalent to eighty years of worship.”
Allahumma salli alaa muhammadinin nabiyyil ummiyyi wa-ala aalihi wasallim tasleemaa
May Allah give us the ability to act upon all of these virtuous deeds and Sunnah of Rasulallah (Pbuh). Aameen.